The goal of the Society of Mixed Media Artists is to promote and educate people in mixed media art techniques. Mixed media differs from other established art practices in that you are encouraged to “break the rules”. If you use two clearly different art media in an artwork that would not commonly be used together, you’re making mixed media art! But there’s so much more to it than that. Mixed media artists really push the boundaries and our group was established to learn how to push those boundaries together.
BENEFITS OF JOINING SoMMA
If you’ve been looking for your tribe, look no further!
- Six bi-monthly meetings with guest artist presentations
- Demonstrations in a variety of Mixed Media techniques
- Elective participation in, fun, creative “challenges”
- Casual ‘Gatherings’ throughout the year
- Annual multi day workshops with well known artist teachers
- Several mini-workshops (one day, usually 4-6 hours) per year
- Bi-monthly newsletter
- Helpful “Soft Critique” sessions
- A minimum of two shows per year with awards presented. Usually at least one juried show and one non-juried members show.
- Updates on ‘Call to Artists’ in all media
- Opportunity to have a photo and link to your website on our member page.
- The opportunity to grow and open up as an artist
- The opportunity to meet and work with like-minded artists – from beginner to professional
- The opportunity to volunteer which benefits not only SoMMA, the community, but also YOU
For Questions contact: Kathy Lopez: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All dues must be paid annually and are due in January. Some proration may be applied depending upon when you join.
- Mail check or pay via PayPal link
- Single Membership: $40 per year ($41 via PayPal)
- Family Membership: $55 per year ($56 via Paypal)
- Student Membership: $20 per year (must be enrolled as full-time high school or college student) ($21) via PayPal
Please fill out the SoMMA membership application:
Mail in your dues and application (make check payable to SoMMA) to:
3026 Marsh Elder Dr., South
Jacksonville, F 32226
Pay using the PayPal link below and email application to Kathy Lopez indicating to her that you have paid via PayPal email@example.com.